Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #82
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

You shouldnt have to cut the fuel door in. you can get the filler hole fender with the square door or the older style or without you should be able to switch the old door onto the new fender if you order the right one. my fenders were rusted there too i was gonna weld some angle iron on the inside and redrill the holes if i had to use them but it wouldnt have been good they were too far gone to be cost effective. these new aftermarket fenders will be good enough but of course you want a new oem set or a good used set but there not around here anyway what i did was hog out a few holes a little not enough to go bigger than the head of the bolts that hold the fender to the bed they still covered the holes but some dont line up needed some play on a few if its bad bad you might have to relocate some of the nuts so your bolt heads still cover the holes in the bed. down between the new fender and the step was off too i used aftermarket steps too are your steps still good? mine were toast i had to do some drilling down there too once you get the fenders on there they look good just dont expect all the holes to line up
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote