View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:43 AM   #132
C20scott

Re: Backyard Cummins

I pushed for a test drive yesterday, but it didnt happen. Pictures of progress to come once i feel confident again.
-Driveshaft installed
-Gauge cluster installed(problems with 2 gauges)
-more wiring buttoned up
-Brakes dont work

I am now able to sit in the cab, and turn the engine on/off with the finalized ignition source. All Gauges work in my instrument cluster accept for the Tach, and Boost. Tach because i am researching its voltage requirements, Boost becuase i have no idea.

I was not able to test drive because my brakes do not work. Let me precursor the symptoms with this info.
-Pedal Linkage, Hydrobooster, Master Cylinder, PSteering pump, and all lines are all brand new.
-Pedal Linkage has more than enough travel
-HB and Psteering pump are fully bled and air free
-All brake lines are air free
-Brake shoes,drums,cylinders worked fine before the new system was installed

with the engine running, the pedal smoothly bottoms out to the floor, and does not return on its own. No brake fluid is forced out of the lines during this action.

It must be something simple. Is there supposed to be a pushrod connecting the HB to the MC? This did not come with my new HB unit when i purchased, and I cannot find them for sale anywhere either. i will be digging through all of NAPA's boxes this weekend to find out.

Help.