View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 11:48 PM   #135
gerfunken

Re: Backyard Cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by C20scott View Post
I pushed for a test drive yesterday, but it didnt happen. Pictures of progress to come once i feel confident again.
-Brakes dont work

I was not able to test drive because my brakes do not work. Let me precursor the symptoms with this info.
-Pedal Linkage, Hydrobooster, Master Cylinder, PSteering pump, and all lines are all brand new.
-Pedal Linkage has more than enough travel
-HB and Psteering pump are fully bled and air free
-All brake lines are air free
-Brake shoes,drums,cylinders worked fine before the new system was installed

with the engine running, the pedal smoothly bottoms out to the floor, and does not return on its own. No brake fluid is forced out of the lines during this action.

It must be something simple. Is there supposed to be a pushrod connecting the HB to the MC? This did not come with my new HB unit when i purchased, and I cannot find them for sale anywhere either. i will be digging through all of NAPA's boxes this weekend to find out.

Help.
Yes, there is supposed to be a pushrod connecting the HB & MC.. it's a junkyard treasure that you can find on dang near any HB brake set-up that GM runs. I pulled two, one from a 90-ish truck and one from an Astro van, both were identical, and I paid about $10 for each. If you need, I can put one in an envelope if you require, as I think I've got the second out in the garage somewhere.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote