Thread: 55.2 Chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #141
papastrk

Re: 55.2 Chevy 3100

You may want to consider replacing this area of the skin first. You really need to be able to hammer and dolly your weld seam as you go on this area. This is what concerns me about replacing inner and outer pieces. If you weld in the inner panel and then try to replace the lower door skin you have no way to hammer and dolly the seam. This is going to make the patch weld area pull like crazy. I'm thinking about fitting up the inner panel first and just tacking it in place; then fitting outer skin piece. Then I can cut the inner loose and weld, hammer and dolly my outer skin seam. If I cut and fit the inner panel right, it should go back in without too much trouble. I hope you bought the large inner patch piece with the hinge pocket. I think you are right about hanging the door before welding anymore cab pieces in. Be careful not to lose the door contour on front and back edges. This part worries me too. I think I will make a template front and back. Take measurements where you can and take your time welding it in.
papastrk is offline   Reply With Quote