Thread: 28 Model A
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
Desperado454

28 Model A

Been wanting to build a hot rod for a while, so I picked up this model a body a few months back to make it happen. It's pretty rough overall with the usual rust spots, misc dents and a hacked up roof, but i think it'll all be fixable.

The overall plan isn't set in stone quite yet, but i have a fairly good idea of what I want to do, which includes building the frame. I haven't made too much progress on the project, but have been collecting some essential pieces of the puzzle. Here's what I've come up with so far:

This is the rear part of a sedan i bought so I could fix the rear window and roof area as its pretty hacked and dented:

There's a thread on the hamb where a guy builds a 32 frame out of plates of steel he got for free from his work(http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=671187). Well just so happens the place where i work was getting rid of some scrap, so I wound up with a stack of 8" x 10' strips of 1/8" steel. Going to try and build a frame the same way he did:

Scooped this rear axle out of a 66 acadian, supposedly the width makes for a decent fit:

Transmission for now is this saginaw 4 speed, buy i'm keeping an eye out for a muncie or a super t10:

My mind isn't made up 100% on the engine but i'm pretty sure ill be using this 454 big block chevy, after some upgrades of course:

Dug these wheels out to use a rollers for the meantime:

Finally, I ordered up an axle and brake kit from speedway motors:

So thats where im at so far on this, i''m sure ive missed some details, but im sure ill cover them later. Here's one last pic of a rough mock up, going to be pretty sweet i think:

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote