View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #1863
05snopro440

Re: How about some pics of 47-59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
man, the patina debate can really spiral outta control. very debated. I'v expressed many times my side of it and yeah its a double sided coin. I rather hear people say its not my taste but I can see why people do it.

Patina is by far not being lazy, does it cut back 500 plus hours of body and paint, yeah. but its taken 60+ years to make patina, that is simply amazing that not only can something last that long but just look so unique and one of a kind. Patina is different and alot of guys don't like different. Lotta guys want to live in a cul de sac and paint their rods one solid color and have a white fence too. Its not a rat rod if its patina BTW folks. Look underneath the patina on alot of these truck and you'll see tons of money and time, on the outside its a statement of the testament of time these trucks endured. These trucks helped shaped the world and I love seeing the dents and patina to prove it. I like seeing the gritty side of work, not the white collar side. I can't stand today all these white collar modern day trucks that don't tow anything and are like yachts inside. As much as I appreciate craftsmanship and respect paint and do like paint, I'm glad my heart is with patina. When I go to a car show I'm cleaning off the dirt from my dirt roads, not waxing my paint. to each their own, its the beauty of it. anyone can lay down color and or have someone do it (which would be lazy in itself). When guys don't build their own engines, is that lazy? its all perspective. bottom line I'm glad to see variety whether its my taste or not. Its like having a good day, can't have those unless you have bad days to make the good days feel so good.
I agree. In fact, on my truck it would have saved A LOT of time had I painted it rather than preserving the patina. Anyone who thinks it's lazy has never tried to build a patinaed vehicle.

I understand not liking certain trends, but I don't feel it's a fad and think it's here to stay. And for many good reasons.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
05snopro440 is offline   Reply With Quote