View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #1867
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Re: How about some pics of 47-59

The "Patina" debate rages on.....

I like old cars and trucks, don't really care which factory built them originally, prefer Chevys, but prior to 1960 I like them all. The patina look, be it original or faux, looks awesome on a lot of vehicles. The mile deep clear coat looks killer too, to each his own. My 50 was painted to look like a 40+ year old paint job, the door lettering was applied too look old as well. I painted over dents, scratches, and dirt in some places. My desire was to have a truck that could be driven anywhere any time with no concerns about getting a scratch. Over the last 12 months I've racked up 10,000 miles on the old girl.

I was recently entered into a 2 day indoor show. On move in day I was assigned a spot next to 5 cars, all really nice street rods. I overheard a couple of the guys complaining they were parked next to "that piece of s...", that would be me. LOL. Well, from Saturday morning until Sunday evening my truck was surrounded by spectators, who knows how many pictures were taken, the street rodder guys really hate me now. LOL.

Anyway, who cares what other folks think, build your vehicle to suit your desires/goals. Just remember to be respectful of the other guy's choices, he probably worked just as hard on his as you did on yours.
Attached Images

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote