View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #248
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

My buddy Jim came by for a consult and an update on my wiring. Also worked through plumbing the radiator, power steering lines (and PS cooler) and fuel lines. Looks like the 4.2 I-6 fuel lines that came with my frame will clip right onto my 5.3 lines. Will have to massage them a bit to make them look like they came from the factory for the 5.3.

Wiring is close. Decided to keep PCM controls for the factory Trailblazer/Envoy fuel system so had to re-pin a few un-pinned wires per advice from Brendan at LT1Swap.com. Having a bit of a problem getting the DBW gas pedal, associated wiring harness and TAC (Throttle Actuator Control Module). According to what I have read, only an '03 or '04 setup will work with my Engine/PCM. Seems the majority have been crushed. I keep getting the old "we don't inventory gas pedals" comment. Calling all the yards in the country (car-parts.com) that have an '03 or '04 TB, Envoy or Ranier 5.3. I will get one eventually.

LSXapache - I agree. The more I read and the more I look at the wiring, the easier it has gotten. My printed copy and binder have come in handy.

By the way, if anyone is looking for an inexpensive low mile 5.3 LM4 there is one available out of an SSR for $350. It is located at a wrecking yard in Mississippi. Has busted oil pan and water pump. Not sure what accessories are on it. If interested, send me a PM and I will send you the number and name of wrecking yard. I don't know these guys but sounded like they were tired of owning it. More to come...dug
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote