View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #107
silverbear

Re: 1991 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91V3500 View Post
I've been working on the rust repair, I stripped the interior out of the truck so I can weld in the rocker panels. Also removed the doors and frontend so I can put a good coat of paint on the jams and inner doors. I have the driver's rocker almost fully welded in and the driver's rear lower bed panel is welded in. I also replaced all of the seals in the AC system and pressure tested it for leaks, so far so good. Still need to replace the low pressure switch, pull a vacuum on it and charge it up, it will be nice to have AC this summer.

These repair panels from LMC truck suck, they're not even close, some of the measurements are off and the bend radius' are different. I made them work but is there a better place to buy repair panels? These have "Key Products" name brand on them and "Made in Taiwan".
I used a cab corner from Summit on my 86 regular cab. Since I was only using a portion of it, the fit worked well. My buddies have used some panels from Top Banana and they seemed to be better quality but still needed a bit of tweaking to fit just right. LKQ/Keystone have two lines of panels, a high end and a low end quality. Again, the high end ones seem good but not 100% all the time.
2010 Suburban 1500 4x4 5.3l/6L80e. Sold
2016 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 6.0l/6L80e
silverbear is offline   Reply With Quote