View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystoke View Post
Absolutely love the color, I'll be doing a back yard job too but I'm nervous cause there isn't a lick of concrete..it's all dirt or should I say natural landscape. Well done Mr. Bam!!
Try large plywood and lay a tarp over them and park the truck on top of that. Get one of the huge HF canopy and make your walls with 6 mil plastic. They sell zippers that you can attach to the plastic for a door that you can close. They are call zipwalls. Get and exhaust fan to help pull the fumes out and put a cheap homedepot filter on one it. Hose the whole backyard down really good to keep the dust down and hopefully the plywood covered with a tarp will keep the area near the vehicle wet but not muddy.

I have a hobby air system if you don't have, can't afford, or don't want one please get a really good respirator because it contains dangerous chemical and fumes so be careful. Get one approved for auto paint. I only use my hobby air for big jobs. I wear a nice tight fitting respirator for small jobs. Such as when I shot the interior.

Last edited by Kabwe; 04-21-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote