View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #254
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
Your project is looking great. Love the idea of using the ford Expedition Power Steering cooler. As for fuel lines, I plan to use the ones found on a Chevy truck. They are attached to the motor/tranny and exit the back of the tranny on the driver's side. I will make up the lines from that point to the fuel tank. Does the Trailblazer PCM program have a circuit for the electric fans - or do you plan to control them with a "stand alone" system? I used a Camaro program on the GTO because I needed electric fans, and those circuits on the "truck" programs control something on the HVAC.

I hope to work on shortening the Trailblazer EXT frame this weekend - we will see. Thanks again for posting your build - it has been a real timesaver.
Ricky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
dugg,
good to see you are back at it. I have done lots of wiring over the years and you just have to look at it a circuit at a time if you feel overwhelmed. it isn't that tough if you have a good set of reading glasses and a wiring diagram, I figured it out so anybody should be able to do it, ha ha.
I actually got to spend a couple hours on my old 57 project before another rush job came knocking. ah well, it has been 4 yrs now so what is another day, grrr.
good luck and keep posting, maybe it will get me back in the groove. just on a side note, do you think there is room for the 4.2l engine between the rad and the cab if the stock envoy mounts are used for the 4.2l inline 6? how much did you have to move your trans mount ahead to fit up with the v8 position? that may tell me if there would be room or not.
thanks,
dennis
Dennis: Hang in there...the time will come. Reached in with a tape and it looks like approximately 2.5" from trans mount bolts (the ones that go from trans to trans mount) to the center of the slotted holes on the top of the cross member. See photo. If you need an exact dimension, I will be under the vehicle tomorrow and can measure it more accurately. dug
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote