View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 04:06 AM   #180
TNACUSTOM

Re: 49' Patina bagged in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
4-19 Sat. Sid sorry didn't see your last post. I'm 100% most always going to put battery behind seat. That is another reason why I don't use stock seats, you can't fold them forward. My 51' has bat behind seat, I run a kill switch in the cab (I feel is a must for any rod) then I have a junction box up on firewall (which is convenient but looks dumb, so it will someday get moved into the cab, my 49' will have the exact same set up but i'll have the junction box in cab). I hate bats in the engine bay and prolly hate them more under the cab. Its also nice cause I have some things wired directly to the bat that aren't a part of the wiring harness, so its just all around convenient for me behind the seat.

So I got a replacement eastwood welder, hooked it up, made one tack and boom gas stopped. Sooooooooooooooooooo pissed. Luckily they did send a replacement solenoid from my last welder, so I hooked that up and it works but it seems to leave the gas on waaaay to long after you release the trigger, so its sucking my gas really bad, so now I gotta call and get another one and I'm in process of finding a different/reliable solenoid, but really haven't dug much info on that. eastwood does have decent customer support but man not a happy first time customer. its a good unit but I'd rather have something else for my daily and use this as a back up. Here is a pic of what the valve looks like.

Nothing too exciting on the truck. Started wrapping up the last of my tunneling and make some more floor pieces. I'll prolly wait to weld the whole floor in so I can have some access to exhaust and all the other stuff that runs under the cab.
Eastwood is kind of like Harbor Freight they have things that work and things that only work once. I try to buy things that last. That's why my tool box is SnapOn and the tools are the same. But when you use your tools to make a living its a little different. So if you are going to just use it for one build then it should work fine.
TNACUSTOM is offline   Reply With Quote