View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 04:21 AM   #259
OldChevysRule

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

I am glad you got your PS hose sorted out. I have heard retired guys say the same thing about being busier after retirement than before they retired. I will be retiring from the military in December 2016, but I won't be actually retired! I will still have to find work somewhere, as I still have bills to pay and I have things I want! As for the 4X4 TB, I hadn't really thought of that option. I am not sure if I would be able to get enough lift with the TB frame to run 33" tires, though. I don't want to go any bigger than that on tire size. I will keep that in the back of my mind, though. My brother has an '82 or '84 Chevy 4X4 frame that he said I could have, but it doesn't have all the running gear. I would just have to get it brought down from NE Alabama if I decide to use it. I don't want to go too overboard on either of the builds. I just want to keep the trucks alive and be able to pass them down to my two sons someday. Once I get the 3100 paid off and see how bad it is as far as rust, I may be able to get it in a drivable condition and use it as a parts chaser for the 3200. My plans seem to revolve around money, or the lack of, so everything is up in the air right now. Once I get home, I will be able to come up with a better plan for both of the trucks. Take care......Jason
OldChevysRule is offline   Reply With Quote