Thread: The Apache
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #51
-hooch-

Re: The Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hooch- View Post
Thanks Kim. Well guys, I have questions... I have figured out some about the bags I've got, but I still don't know much. I'm looking for some schooling...

The bags that I got are Ridetech and they are shock waves I believe. They came off a really fancy '40 Ford, but the front ones are taller and the rears are the shorter fatter ones I always see on trucks. So if anyone could tell me if these will work on my set up? (just for reference I've got the '75 el camino front sub frame and not sure about the rear end).

Next question, is there any problem with reusing the entire system or parts of the system? I didn't think there would be with reusing the tank and compressors, but the bags?

Next question, any information on how to make the bag setup work on the front? I have been hearing some applications are bolt in for cars from the 60s, so I was assuming someone makes a bolt in kit for a '75 el camino. Any word on this or anything that would be better?

Next question...questions actually. I have been looking at a lot of trucks around here trying to figure out how to set up the rear end. Obviously there's the porterbuilt rear and others I'm assuming, but are there any systems where I can keep the leaf springs?
Is it just best to do a three or four link? I would like it be as simple as possible (and hopefully somewhat inexpensive).
I would like to keep as much of the bed as possible, so what do you all recommend for this?

I'm sure I have a ton more, but hopefully this will be a good start. My goal is to lay it low, but I don't necessarily care about laying frame. I suppose the end goal would be as low as possible while keeping as much of the bed as possible and maybe keeping the leaf springs? Just help me fellas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by -hooch- View Post
Thought of another question... How low can I go on the front without having to change the inner fenders? I plan on running 20" centerline smoothies.
Any input for these questions? Any sponsors want to chime in either?