Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #314
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmabolt View Post
Hey Swamp Rat. Bummer about the knee. Hang in there. I just had a chunk of my back taken out so that shut me down for a bit as well. You have done a great job on the truck. Read thru most of your build today. Your work on the gas filler door is excellent. had I fabbed mine I would have done it the same way. Unfortunately, when mine was done they took a huge chunk out of the bed side. May have to use a patch panel and redo the whole mess. we'll see if the body guy has any suggestions,

Chris

Hey cmabolt thanks for the comp's on my thread, i wish i had a shop so i could do the build the right way like you are, frame off is the way to go, but i need to keep this truck on the road as much as possible.

Whats wrong with your filler? is it a couture problem or is it oil canning? or just flexing too much? whatever it is i'm sure it can be fixed.

My knee is back to normal now, gets a little sore off and on, waiting for a custom knee brace designed to keep pressure off the inside of the joint, hope its worth it. I would have been posting more thru this weekend but i pulled a bone headed move and gave myself a case of food poisoning last Wednesday, I'm finally over it now.

Yesterday i took a little road trip up north and purchased another set of bedsides for the stepper 67 project. the price was real good and i figured that with one of the top rails being a little bent on the bed i bought then maybe i can use the best of the 4 to make the stepper when the time comes.

I have passed the state of denial and its time to take my intake off and replace the gaskets, don't know why but it seem every 3-5 years i have to do this, don't know why, maybe its the Worlds products heads? but I cant put it off any longer, got some gaskets yesterday, going to start on that today.

The filler cover is a work in progress. i'm planning on using some bed scraps to make flanges on the bottom as i discovered that the bottom of the scrap pieces follow the couture of the top of the bed nicely, it will take more time but if it works the way i think it should be nice.

I'm trying to locate a nice single unit RIV-NUT tool for 10-32 and some nuts to attach the cover to the bedside.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote