View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #147
jcramsey

Re: The Egg Hauler.... not much of a build

Picked up my pair of 15x8 steelies from my cousin when I went home for his wedding a couple weekends ago. We didnt have room in the car so they're still with my dad and brother in their shop for the time being. These are Kelsey Hayes and aside from a bend on the inside lip of one wheel, are in great shape. My brother just scored a set of the same Kelsey Hayes with baby moons like I've got from a junkyard local to him as well. We've been on a 15x8 steel wheel frenzy lately!

I decided that instead of swapping the gears over from the standard SM318 transmission I had, I would try my hand at redrilling it to work with the overdrive housing assembly. There are two extra holes in the overdrive cases...one for the overdrive shift rail, and one that is an oiling passage. I did the deed, drilling two holes and after a quick test fit, it looks like this will work well for me. Now I just need to get a set of gaskets so I can get it all back together. I've found the SM318 gaskets but am having trouble locating the gasket that goes between the overdrive and the adapter. If I can't find one...any reason why RTV or similar type sealand wouldnt work?

The Government Mule
jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote