View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
ss454lemy

Re: 90 ss 454 street truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie the Wrench View Post
Always one of my favorite trucks. A guy in our car club just picked up one last year. 56 thousand miles original owner. I also like the Indy pace trucks. Don't see many of those either.
there getting herder to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Looks great; you are doing all the right stuff.

I was a little concerned when I thought you were keeping the old "peanut port" heads so I was quite relieved when I saw the cylinder head swap.

K
lol i know but i was turned to the right direction im looking to drop a set of aluminum zz502s on it i got for cheap and gain some more hp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Looks good. My dad bought a '90 454SS new, I was 13. He used to let me drive it on backroads on the weekends. Always liked those trucks and almost considered getting one instead of a C10.
i would have to say i love them old c10's. 69 is my fave and i was considering trading my ss for one. but the longer i have the truck the more i like it so that wont happen now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevytrucker View Post
love it nice ride but i got to say get rid of that air cleaner one backfire out you carb the foam in that thing will catch fire and drop crumbs down your intake (had it happen to me)
yes !! i know i have got that from every one when i post up the picks. lol i will im looking to get the 4in k&n. but im waiting on the wheels and gathering for some tires when i get them. ill get the new air cleaner. i always love them things and now that i have it i wish i wouldn't have bought it !!! chokes the motor and the down side to the sponge rotting with time and letting out debris in the the carb i don't like either.
ss454lemy is offline   Reply With Quote