View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #267
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Got the shifter and cable in place. Used metal screws to hold it down so not a permanent installation. May need to raise it once the center console is designed. Decided to route the long shift cable under the truck rather than in the cab. Feels better to me. The loop heads towards the engine from the shifter through the trans tunnel then over the transmission to the left where it sits on top of the driver side frame and continues over the trans cross member to the back side of the shift bracket.

In preparation for the drive, I installed the front clip loosely. I will adjust and tighten once I get all the components in place. Had to install the grill since it had been hanging on the wall way too long.

Sent PCM off for re-flashing. Should have it back next week.

Included one FYI photo to show how much of the intake sticks above the fenders.

Ricky: I studied the 3/4" tire move after I got the fenders on. It does not bother me moving the wheel back 3/4". You do have a different size tire so this may influence the look over and above what I can see with my tire size. Looking at the driver side wheel, there is a substantial gap at about 2:00 which moving the tire back would fill. See photo. I just didn't want a large gap in front of the tire that made the truck look front heavy. Also, snagged a bracket to hold my PCM from a 2005 Tahoe. Same PCM. The S-10 was a good bit larger. Thanks for the advice.......dug
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote