View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: 454 in a CUCV, M1009 Blazer

Haven't done this before (I prefer the diesel),but I know it will bolt in. I would use the 454 wiring harness to make a clean factory-like job,but you can wire up whatever you need off of the diesel engine bay harness. You'll have to run a feed to your distributor. Both are single headlight vehicles,so that's good. Not sure about any harness connection differences between '80 and '85. The 6.2 exhaust bolts right up to either the small block or the big block exhaust and I'm thinking it's the small block (could be wrong). The power steering is hydro-boost on both so you'll have easy interchangeability. Pretty sure the pump mounting brackets will have to be BBC and everything else will work. You have the big bad radiator you'll want,too. You'll want a BBC torque convertor due to the different power band between engines.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote