View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #17
FarmerSid

Re: Starting a new build...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead2069 View Post
I believe the Art Morrison IFS comes welded up as well in the way you said the Flat Out system does. I only know this due to an article I was reading on the kit.

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/t...p_truck_build/

It just seemed easy in comparison to the Flat Out kit as I remember someone posting before that the instructions left a bit to be desired. Though, I really can't argue with you stating that I'd be coming out ahead on the cost... I guess I'll have to make some additional considerations...

As far as handling goes, do you think they would be similar or would I possibly have a little more out of one over the other? My only rational was that with the AME kit, I may have a little better geometry as that kit was designed for this chassis were as with the vette, I'm simply doing a retrofit. I was thinking the front suspension would be a bit more sensitive to that issue over the rear.

I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it...
The Art Morison cross member requires you to weld the UCA mounts on top of the frame rails and are separate from the main cross member. Same with Progressive. Flatout's is one piece. I have s set of instructions and they are fine. I mean I can understand them.

My understanding is that the truck will weigh about the same as a C4 and is pretty close in wheel base. I figured that GM spent gobs of money on R&D for that suspension and it works very well. So I thought "why reinvent the wheel". I know nothing about AM's geometry so can't really comment if one is better than the other. I have my opinions.....

I chose C4 IFS and IRS parts and built my own cross member from measuring my stock C4 cross member and some help.

Pick what ever you like the best. It's your truck and money so do as you please. I hope what I have mentioned just better informs you.

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote