View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Mr.Chevy4x4

Re: If you can't find it, build it - K30

I have been gathering parts for a while. I have a set of 37 inch BFG hummer tires to go on it, and a set of old school aluminum saw blade wheel sourced for $150. (not crazy about them, and they will eventually get replaced, but keep thinking budget) I scored a set of front lift springs and rear blocks for next to nothing. Eventually I'll be replacing the blocks with lift springs. I will be running the CUCV 6.2 engine with a NV4500 and NP208 transfer case. It's nice having all of the factory brackets, A/C parts, and flywheel/clutch setup from the dually. I thought about mating the NP205 to the NV4500, but this is a BUDGET build. The NP208 will bolt right to the 5-speed and ends up being almost the exact same length as the 400/205....meaning no drive shaft length changes. And since the 208 came from a M1008 the speedo gears are even correct (off with the bigger tires).

As for the body I plan to use the cab and doors from the dually. I have a good set of front fenders from another part out. I also have a 89-91 blazer/suburban core support...can't decide if I'm going to use it. Scanning CL the other day I found a fairly straight almost rust free long bed 20 minutes from me that I picked up for 2 bills. I think inner fenders, battery trays, and a few small odds and ends are all I lack.

I have most of the parts I need to get this thing together and running. Now it's time to get busy!

Last edited by Mr.Chevy4x4; 05-26-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Mr.Chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote