View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #22
ryans69chevy

Re: Garage interior finish

This is just somewhat showing my next big project which wasn't expected... After I gutted the inside under the Sheetrock on the ceiling I found the ceiling joists were 4' on center for about half the garage the other half is 2' on center. Where they had 4' on center they cut 2x's perpendicular to the joists for the Sheetrock to screw into. I tore all those out and going to buy 24' 2x6's and making it 2' on center. I think I have to get 7 of them. Then at the same time I'll have to throw a laser up and make sure none of the other joists are sagging or else I'll have to fix some of the uprights which I'm sure I'll have to!

I'm hoping to get my truck frame here before the snow hits. So I have a busy summer/fall ahead of me and a bit of a money drain! I prob won't be able to cover the walls this year because of monies. But my plans are to finish the ceiling, re-wire and add a new sub panel, sand the floor, epoxy the floor, insulate everything, plywood the ceiling, paint the ceiling, and get a new garage door. Only thing I'm not doing personally is installing a new garage door. They look tough to get aligned!

Thanks for the input and checking out my garage! Feel free to comment on whatever!

Thanks,
Ryan
Attached Images

ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote