View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #236
shearjs

Re: Project: Rufus Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
Cant wait to see the progress!!
Thanks buddy. Y'all getting settled in back in Knoxville yet? Has the wifey taken either of her exams yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Jason what year is that hydroboost setup out of, looks really good. Also if you don't mind me asking what was leaking on your original setup? I have the captain fab brackets too but haven't purchased a hydroboost yet, I also have a Wilwood master cylinder but with a 1.125 bore. Did you have to make any modifications to get your Wilwood master to bolt up? Can't wait to see a video of this puppy running once your done with the upgrades.
The original hydro boost I had came out of the 2004 truck that the engine and trans came from. The booster I am using now was from an 03 I think. IIRC, after a particular year, they're essentially all the same, with metric fittings. If you need any of the part numbers for the adapters and fittings later, just let me know and I'll be happy to dig them up for you. The original leak I had was around the seal where the pushrod enters the back side of the booster. We ending up cutting the booster push rod and welding on a longer push rod with a clevis for adjustability. I think the O-rings likely got a little too hot and caused them to fail. The Wilwood that I have bolted right on with no issues. I think I would have bought the 1.125 bore like you did if I had ordered my m/c with the intentions of using power brakes. I'm pretty pumped to get this thing back on the road. After a cam/heads swap, it should be pretty healthy!
shearjs is offline   Reply With Quote