bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Parts are looking good!
Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Nice job bud! Bout time an update came! Now you know I'm only saying that cause I'm liking the build! LOL!
Thank you T.J. I have been lazy. To tell you the truth my web hosting site for my pictures has been giving me hell and not letting me batch upload so uploading one picture at a time is very consuming. Something is wrong with the JAVA installed on my computer and after a couple of hours messing with it I gave up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Great Work & Progress!!!
Thank Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Great progress.....glad to see the vinegar is doing the trick on the rust. I have used it many times very successfully. Nice job!!!
I have to say I am amazed at how awesome Vinegar is. It saved me a bunch of work after I got a system down. Let everything soak for a couple of days. Rinse it off dry it with compressed air and then a quick blast to stop the flash rust. Everything comes out factory fresh.

I have a ton more pictures just didn't have time to upload them this morning.

I am replacing a lot of the bolts with Grade 8 but if they are specialized I am just blasting them or wire brushing them priming them, 2 coats of aluminum high heat engine paint followed by 3 coats of clear to help with the paint coming off the corners when they are tightened. So far it has worked well on the diff cover bolts and backing plates for the axle.

I painted all the brake parts with the Aluminum just to give a color break.

Also cutout all the rust on my inner fenders, welded in some patches and then some bondo over that to get them ready for some black. Still needs some more feathering.

I painted the core support, battery tray, radiator covers got some more paint, and the cover that goes over the steering shaft and bolts to inner fender.

Also someone on a thread I made suggested this part if you have broken the crosspin bolt. Picked it up at my local O'riellys. ITs just a hair shorter but it worked perfect.

The motor mount perches all pretty and bolted in with new Grade 8 hardware.