View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #289
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Still managing to make headway. Got the battery tray fabricated out of some small angle iron. My 15 gallons (3 each 5 gallon buckets) of metric bolts I got from the salvage yard continues to pay off. Had two long metric bolts that I cut the heads off of and welded on. Fell out of practice pretty quick on my welding. Had to do a lot of grinding. Lined up the bottom of the battery with the bottom of the frame. Pushed the tray hard against the T.B. body mount to create as much room as possible between front of battery and back of cab so I can get the front of the bed installed. Also, cantilevered the battery off of the tray so the battery does not have to travel the entire width of the battery to fall out. Not really sure how much room I have before it would hit the inside of the bed side. Can now start pulling power wires from the battery to the starter/underhood locations and the electrical panel.

All of the stuff I need to make the '59 run is now in my garage with the receipt of my terminal fuse boxes and relays. Tentatively decided to build an electrical panel I can mount all the electrical stuff to that will mount behind the driver seat. Rough dimension is 12" x 14" depending on how neat I can be and how many relays I end up using. Hope to make it easy to access with a nice cover to hide it. I will start with a bare piece of plywood in the morning and begin laying it out. End of month drive it deadline approaching quickly......gotta hurry.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote