View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #18
scottofksu

Re: Preparing to Build! (Check my work...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgdsrf View Post
Couple thoughts

You didn't mention line honing or if the deck honing will be plate torque.

Assembly balanced?

Also, 8.33 is pump friendly enough. Dish pistons are said to actually cause increased risk of predetonation. Possibly more than the slight decrease in compression. I'm just above 8.6 dcr with a similar setup though AFR 63cc heads, flat tops, running premium with 34 degrees total timing and 10 degree vacuum advance. My 8.6 is a little more than I would consider perfect though, 8.3 sounds perfect. Though you wold be using premium gas.
Thanks for the feedback!
I do not intend to line hone... My understanding was that this is generally not entirely necessary and that it is debatable if it helps much (baring extremely out of spec mains).

I do intend to have a deck-plate used when honing.

I intend to externally balance the motor as I believe the crank I am using would require the addition of heavy metal to internally balance.

I don't mind running premium at all! I just want to be able to get gas when I need it without having to find stations carrying a specific octane fuel...

As an aside, I have spoken with Northern Parts and they will exchange my "stock replacement" rods for the "pro-comp/stroker" ones for $40. Even though I bought the parts off of Amazon, Steve at Northern has been AWESOME to work with!