View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #150
bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
I have downloaded a few pics of your chassis and diff onto my phone and now know I have even more work to look forward to Brett........ thank you
Your welcome. Kinda cool you have pics of my truck on your phone.

Well I was off work today got a few things done.

Put the last coat of black on the a-arms, steering box, battery tray, and core support.

I then decided to see how clean I could get the trans with my cheap oven cleaner. After about 4 soaks and scraping it is ready for some paint. Love that oven cleaner.

Started on the engine getting it ready for paint. Hit a snag that kinda bummed me out. The intake manifold is cracked on both ends near the bolt holes due to someone over tightening. Not a big deal but the nail in the coffin was the thermostat housing bolt that stripped off. I tried welding a nut on it several times and let it soak in PB blaster but never could get it to break loose. So tried drilling it out and didn't get it completely centered and messed up the heli coil. I realize I could get this fixed but will probably just buy a new one or steal the one off of the Caprice.

Can't wait to get rid of the Orange. Haven't painted an Engine Chevy orange since my first one in 95'

Plan to get some primer and paint on them on Saturday.

Bret