View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #294
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Beat the end of June deadline and got it running. Jim and Jerry came over after I finished getting it ready to help me through the initial checkout before we turned the key. With the exception of leaving a few wires hot and NOT taped and one key wire feeding one of my Fuse Panels disconnected, the initial check went off pretty effortlessly. Still not sure if the cooling fan is working. During checkout, we jumped the relay and made it run. After the PCM was connected to it, it did not appear to be working. Fan grounds through PCM so maybe we do not have it wired correctly. Not sure we even got the engine hot enough. Truck fired after it turned over a few times. Turned it off pretty quickly and checked all the fluids. Got them topped off and took it for a spin. Did a mini one tire burnout going up the hill. Had a transmission fluid leak which we fixed by replacing a hose clamp. As I was coming in to park it for the day, the rack started leaking badly. Hopefully it is leaking where I put the new hydraulic lines. Will tackle it later.

Pictures show the fuse panel which is located behind driver seat and the mostly finished cluster of wires under the hood near the PCM on the drivers side. The EZ fuse panel located at the bottom of the board will handle much of the normal stuff. Fuse Panel 1 (top) serves the "Pink" PCM wires and the fan and fuel pump control circuits and power. It is switched from the late model TB column thru the Yellow wire that is Ignition/Crank. Fuse Panel 3 is just above the EZ panel and is constant 12 V. It gets the "Orange" wires from the PCM among others. I jumped off the input lug for Fuse Panel 3 to power one portion of the EZ Fuse Panel which is the starter circuit. Fuse Panel 2 (second one down) will support all the fun stuff I am trying to do with the late model column. All the relays are mounted on the right side of the board. Note I also put the OBD connector between FP2 and FP3 for easy access.

Cross over pipe with O2 ports is next. As you can imagine, it is pretty loud without any mufflers on it. Subsequent trips around the neighborhood included hearing protection.

INITIAL START: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzH...ature=youtu.be

MAIDEN VOYAGE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AVv...ature=youtu.be

...dug
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote