View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #31
gearhead2069

Re: Starting a new build...

A little update...

So after a good bit of searching, I was able to locate some suspension components.

What I ended up with is a Dana 44 off of an 87 Vette. Finding the 44 over the 36 was more of a venture than I had planned. These guys are getting expensive! Oh well, I am still ahead on what was originally planned as far as funds go so I'm doing pretty good.

Got my shipment in from Flat Out. Don seems like a super nice guy. The ordering process went really well. I'm impressed with how easy he was to talk to. The only problem was the carrier... I mean, I realize that all the parts are steel but dang... They could have been a LITTLE easier with the boxes. A few of the holes were big enough for me to worry about some things falling out.

Parts look great! I'm getting so pumped! Tired of the parts collecting stage but hopefully once I get over the getting started hump, maybe things will start moving forward with a bit of a pace.

After a pretty good order from LMC and BROTHERS, I'm ready to get this ball rolling!

The only thing I am waiting on is to see if the tire shop I use is going to be able to hook me up with a set of throw away tires in the right profile to put on some wheels I had laying around. I'm not sure what width I am going to go with but I have been studying the builds that you fine people have posted and I LOVE the profile that Stockish went with on his build. So, ???/35-18 is what I want to run with. The wheels I have are 15s, but if I go with a tire that is ???/65-15 then I'll have an identical overall diameter. That way I can find my wheel center, adjust for ride height and have a roller without having to worry about messing up a new set of wheels and have tires go bad during the build.

If those of you who have gone similar routes have any tips or pointers, please by all means let me know of them. This is my first serious build and I am in no place to turn down any sound advice!
gearhead2069 is offline   Reply With Quote