View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
Dale99

Re: Project 30 years sitting

I haven't updated in a while. Done mostly piddly stuff and driving it quite a bit. I had to pay all my car insurance this month which tallied up to about 1000 which always puts a damper on your fun. Anyway...

Ive formed leaks at the transfer case and both front and rear pinion seals. I fixed the front pinion today. Was easier then I expected. Also figured out which axle ratio I had, which was different then I expected (3.73). Researching today on 205 rebuilds.

Started a sputter in the engine, I checked today and I had a sp wire not on all the way, and another had wiggled its way around and started rubbing on the oil check tube.

Replaced the battery as from day one, if this thing sat more then a week, I had to charge the battery. Even if the battery was dx'd, It still needed charged. I actually bought a new battery for my daily, and put its old one in this.

I have all 4 composite headlights now, and all lights work and function properly .... which is actually a first on this project. There always seemed to be one acting up.

Another hatch on the way to replace the one I broke a few months ago.

Gravel guards and the last section of floor needed to finish floor holes on the way.
Dale99 is offline   Reply With Quote