View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #114
BADAZ chevy guy

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Interesting story. I had just gotten off the #470 bus, the one that goes Downtown, and was headed for Star Bucks. The one on Main, just across the street from the Star Bucks. That's the one where I met my last girl friend. The Star Bucks, not the #470 bus. Anyway, I'm just about there when these three guys come running up the sidewalk and climb into this 1977 square body C10 truck and try to start it. Crank, crank, crank... NOTHING! Crank, crank, crank... STILL NOTHING! So, the driver jumps out and runs back towards me and I just step aside as he goes past. Then the other two guys jump out and head off in the other direction. Toward the park. That really nice park on Main and Fairfield. Anyway, that's when I notice these guys are all wearing hoods and carrying canvas bags. Now, the driver just makes it to the bus I had just gotten off of. I guess the bus was early and had to wait there for a few minutes. I hate it when they do that and I need to get someplace in a hurry. It's like "Just go already!!!" Anyway, I keep walking and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose. Sirens, cops, dogs, guys with cameras. One guy had this really cool Nikon D4 Digital SLR with the 300mm telephoto lens. But I'm thinkin' “What ya gunna do, take photos of finger prints... FROM KANAS??? So, I head over to Star Bucks... just to watch all the action. And, have a double half/calf Vanilla Latee. GOD I love those. Well, it turns out these three guys had just ROBBED the BANK!!! DUH! That must explain the hoods and bags. Not just a weird fashion statement after all. Anyway, the cops set up road blocks and start questioning everyone and one cop even comes into the Star Bucks. Turns out he just wanted a double half/calf Vanilla Latee too. I told you they were good! Now, I don't want to get involved, so I just sit there pretending to read a news paper. Actually, I did start reading it. Turns out there's this Russian submarine captain who steals a U-Boat and wants to defect. That's when I realize I'm reading the movie listings. Anyway, pretty soon one cop car pulls up and in the back are the two guys who headed into the park. Except they weren't wearing their hoods anymore. I only knew it was them because one of them had a San Francisco 49r's jacket on. Anyone know where I can get one of those. I love the 49r's. Anyway, then I see one of the cops heading towards the #470 bus. Can you believe the damn thing is still there? I just bet there's someone on that bus saying “Just go already!!” Besides the guy who just robbed the bank, that is. I really hate riding buss. So, I guess this other guy was dumb enough to still have his hood on, cause the cop didn't have any problem finding him. Another episode of “Americas Dumbest Criminals” I loved the one where the guy was breaking into a house. He sticks his head in to look around and the sash window comes down and breaks the guys neck! Or was that on 1001 ways to die? I don't remember now. Anyway, the cop drags this guy out of the bus, puts him in the police car and drives away. Then they all start to leave and in about 15 minutes you’d never know anything had ever happened. Except for this 1977, Square body C10 still sitting there. With the fricken keys STILL IN IT!! So. I grab another double half/calf Vanilla Latee... to go, and walk over to the truck. After making sure no one is looking I climb in and try to start it. Crank, crank, crank... NOTHING! So, I get out and pop the hood to have a look. That's when I see it! A Quadrajet 750cfm carburetor, under the air cleaner. But, that wasn't the problem. I actually like quadrajets. I know some guys rag on them, but... Anyway, that's also when I saw the HEI distributor. BINGO!!! Distributor Sensor! So, I open my wallet to see how much money I have. $7.50... Just enough for another double half/calf Vanilla Latee. I just can't get enough of those. Anyway, after I get back from Star Bucks I pull out my wallet again and get out my extra distributor Sensor. Because, everyone who's ever had a Square body keeps an extra one on them. So, ten minutes later and I'm heading home with my new truck!

That's sort of how I found my last girl friend also.

700R4 build thread. >>> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...36#post6740236
BADAZ chevy guy is offline   Reply With Quote