View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #352
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
hey dugg,
one way to make sure your stuff lines up again when you reassemble it after painting is to drill and pin (screw) the hinges, fender mounts etc. that way when you reassemble it everything should go back in the same place. you just gotta make sure the screws fit into the holes well, so no room for error. some guys will drill and use roll pins, that way they fit tight in the holes and no room for any discrepancies.
your truck looks good. good attention to detail and forethought. you gotta paint it though. I recommend getting it licensed and drive it just a little first. that way if there are some bugs to work out it will all be good before the paint goes on.
the wife is out of town for a couple days so I actually got some stuff done on my truck. I meant to take some pics and post them but she took the camera, my tablet, her tablet, pretty much everything that isn't bolted down. I dunno what she was thinking but anyway, there are no pics except for on my phone, and I have to wait for my tablet to come home before I can really do anything with those pics (dinosaur phone). I really have to figure out how to start a build thread. I tried and it said there is a build thread somewhere. just don't know where. if only computers had nuts and bolts. (hardware, jeez you guys). anyway, keep up the good work and post lots of pics. it keeps losers like me inspired to carry on.
Good call on drilling and pinning the hinges and such. Problems with driving before I do any paint:
- Rust never sleeps in Alabama. Since my truck got here, it has been in an air conditioned garage so it still thinks it may be in Calif.
- Gotta have glass to drive....believe it or not, even in Alabama. Don't want to install glass without it going over final paint even if I only do final paint at the window openings.
- I still have a house construction effort looming that a beat up truck with ok paint and no body work would be perfect for. If you ask my wife, she would say that I am supposed to be building the house and working on the truck in my spare time.
Who knows, things may change and I get inspired to do a bunch of body work and paint.

As far as your thread goes, it shows you are a registered user but there are NO build threads started by you. Look under your profile under "statistics". Get one of the young guys that works for you to set you up. They will do it real fast after they stop laughing. I use a little Sony camera that is only used by me. They are cheap, the resolution is incredible and the battery lasts forever. Dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote