View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 07:05 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Anyone have a 1972 GMC with an OEM plaid interior?

The lighter stripe runs with the length of the rectangles. That's how I can always tell which direction,even with faded and worn ones. I've never researched it but have seen two or three plaid GMCs in my day. I have no proof,but as I recall they ran different (horizontal). It's also just the type of thing GM did,like the interior matched dash pieces. They got a different look from the same part.

It's known that there were exceptions to the packaging on some Highlanders,with certain options deleted. The question about color on top of dash brought to mind an interesting little tidbit related to Highlanders based on one I had. It was a 3spd,so no tilt,either. Any other truck with Parchment interior would have Sandalwood steering wheel,column,and dash pad. This one had Black to keep with the Highlander scheme,I guess.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote