View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #198
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Hello, I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July weekend! It has taken almost a year, but after dealing with the cold weather and all the snow, being sidetracked with home improvement projects, a fair amount of procrastination, and a severe lack of motivation, I have finally started working on the truck again.

I decided a while ago, after reading one of the threads on this board, to just replace the entire floor pan rather than trying to repair the existing one. I would like to get the floor done before I retire, which is not for at least 20 years, so I think the floor pan replacement is the way to go. It looks way easier than trying to repair everything.

So I started the process of bracing the cab. I would appreciate anyone's opinion on whether I have enough bracing. I have done one door and the inside of the cab. I have not finished the other door as yet.

Some of the bracing material might look a bit odd. We had some steel garden posts that we did not need, so I decided to recycle them and use them as braces. I went to Home Depot to get more steel rods, but they were out of the size I needed. I then saw these really thick garden posts for 1/2 the price of a steel rod. I got a few of them, cut it to size, and shaved off the paint on the contact points. Works really well, and they are very strong.

The last picture was actually taken first, before I added all the braces in the other photos.

Anyway, hope everyone has been doing well. Appreciate your feedback when you have a chance.

Thanks!

Darien
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964

Last edited by DD1; 07-05-2014 at 02:30 PM.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote