View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #182
bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
DUDE!!!!!!! It'll be a shame to see it git dirty! LOL!
I know right. It will not be driven in the rain that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodder350 View Post
I just caught your thread while looking for a project like mine and thought I would mention a couple things, late as they ma be, one is parks; I opted for disk in front for safety reasons and they are not that hard to install and the other is the four bar trailing arms which will allow you to install your fuel cel behind the cab inside the frame, here again safety, assuming this not a restoration. Looks real good
Thank you. I do plan on disc brakes in the future. The 4 link not interested in. I like the factory setup and I will be running the gas tank in the cab as it was meant to be. It is one of the charms of these old trucks. I have fond memories of the gas sloshing around when I rode around with my grandpa. Now if I go LSX someday it may have to come out but for now it is staying in the cab. Again thank you.

I got both a-pillars, kick panels and rocker panels all welded in. I'm pretty happy with how they came out. Not professional by any means but what is ugly will either be hidden or metal bondo to make it presentable.

With all that done I flipped the cab on its back so I could start cleaning the bottom and firewall and repaint and undercoat everything.

I also got some new toys that have made this so much easier and cooler.