View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #377
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

I bought a SWB bed and tailgate from a '94 Chevy truck at the U-Pull-It place. Eight (I think) 18 mm bolts and it was off. The inside of the bed is flawless. Jim and I are brainstorming on how we can use the majority of the fresh bed including the bed front, bed floor, inside walls and latching tailgate and still make it look old. Ideas include replacing the '94 tailgate "Chevrolet" text with the text off of the '59 gate. All of the latching linkage appears to be above the area in which we would recess the '59 text panel. The '59 has a pretty large bondo filled dent in the top. May simply hang the '59 sides on the '94 bed. It will get a bit interesting around the '59 taillights since they are mounted on a flat surface and the back of the '94 (structure and tailgate) has a curve to it. The rest of the truck has a bunch of curves. Adding a few on the tail end of the truck will fit right in. Regardless, I will still need to section the bed walls. My first move will probably be to pop a line 3/8" on the outside of the pockets and remove the bed sides.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote