View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #195
bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippinSaw View Post
hey bj383ss is this what u are using for blast media. I bought a sand blaster from harbor freight and the sand I bought a home depot quickly plugged the nozzle and do you sift it before you put it in the hopper. It seems like you have the blasting thing figured out.
Thanks
Yes I do sift it twice before I use it. It has a lot of bigger pieces that will clog the nozzle all day long. I have a sifter I made from two pieces of plywood with a piece of window screen sandwiched between them. I made it to fit on top of a 5 gallon bucket. I'll take some pictures of it when I go back out there next for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
I ordered a replacement rocker for the pass side as I have a oem rocker for the driver side. Also ordered the full length inner which covers from the toe board to the cab corner. My upper inner rocker is solid, but the lower inner (under the cab) looks bad to say the least. Also ordered cab supports for the driver side. The pass side mounts look good. I have new rubber cab bushings to install when I get to that point. Goal this weekend is engine and trans set in place.
Sounds good man. So where your A & B pillars ok then? I would guess if your cab supports were bad the a pillar would be too. Look forward to seeing your progress.