View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #29
Jeepwm69

Re: Should I fight this ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
You can buck the system all you want. I'm going sailing. The laws being discussed in this thread are window tint and tailamp covers. Tint is allowed to a certain percent for safety reasons. A dark tinted window is hard to see out of at night as well as downright scary for a LEO doing a traffic stop. Tailamp covers are subjective so to draw the line to what is safe they just say no. If you feel this is a violation to your rights so be it. I see it as common sense. These laws are not designed to create problems but to prevent them.
I was looking at the broader picture. We have so damn many laws in this country now, most of which cause more problems than they solve, that it's impossible to take a dump without breaking one. In the meantime, there is always someone waiting to write a ticket to generate a few more dollars to fund the bloated and ineffcient local/state/federal government.

Those tail light covers, while certainly not my cup of tea, don't keep one from seeing the brake lights, so this was a revenue generating ticket, and nothing more.

On window tint, fine, you want to make it illegal based on safety/ visibility reasons. That means THE COPS CAN'T HAVE IT EITHER!
Jeepwm69 is offline   Reply With Quote