View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #35
TheBlueBomber

Re: Should I fight this ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
In that case, I think the law is clear, and had I been ticketed for it, I would pay the ticket. That is NOT the case the OP stated.

If one think the law is unjust, fight to have the law changed.

As far as seatbelts are concerned, I think your argument makes absolutely no sense. If someone is careless, they are careless. They might click it to keep from getting a ticket, but putting a seatbelt on in no way makes one a better driver.

As far as I'm concerned, all seatbelt laws do is raise revenue for bureaucrats to squander, and keep stupid people alive instead of letting natural selection clean the gene pool. Same with helmets. If someone is too stupid to wear one, that's THEIR decision, and THEIR right to ride without one. If one is hurt without a belt or a helmet, and doesn't have insurance, no one should be required to treat that person.

The government is not a babysitter. In a free country people should be free to make their own choices, and deal with the consequences of their choices.

Personal responsibility.

I will say this. State laws do vary from place to place, and using Kalifornia as an example, you couldn't pay me enough to live there. Same with most of the Northeast. Down here in The South our laws are pretty relaxed for the most part when it comes to such things, and I like it that way.

You're wrong... the government knows everything and it is our duty to serve, trust, and rely on the government....

Must obey government, must obey government. Must. Obey. Government.... Obeyyyyyyy.....

#sarcasm

1979 Chevrolet K10 Scottsdale - Carolina K10 -

My 4.8L Twin turbo build - Project Short Stroke -

Instagram - TheBlueBomber1996
TheBlueBomber is offline   Reply With Quote