View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #379
PBFAB.COM

Re: My daily driver/beater : How I turned lemons in lemonade

[QUOTE=Tx Firefighter;6786379]I set it up with a 36 inch long panhard bar mounted from the bottom of the frame to the opposite side lower link. Much like a typical ECE Super Track Bar. Then I tacked my shock mounts in place and cycled the suspension. When I did that, it smartly ripped all of the shock mounts off. From dump to lift, the rearend shifted 2 inches side to side. Hell no. There's a reason that Ekstensive mounts their shocks sideways rather than up and down like they ideally should be. I had wondered why, until I saw it with my own two eyes, then it became clear. Facepalm moment.QUOTE]

Kevin-

Curious on more of the details in regards to how you mocked up the panhard bar with your earlier suspension.

When I simulate a 36" bar and start with it parallel to the ground, it only shifts .35" from ride height to 5" of compression (or from ride height to 5" of lift). A 25" bar only shifts the axle .511". The 2 inches doesn't sound right, that's why I am asking.

I am a huge fan of the panhard bar. It allows for a low roll center and when long enough the side to side shift is negligible. It's simplicity and advantages make it a shoe-in for most rear set-ups.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson