Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 AM   #527
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Finally got both drive shafts on, the calibration unit back on and the new alternator back in, the noise is gone!~ Paid attention to the millage signs posted along the freeway and my speedo is pretty close.

EDIT: Forgot to add the drive shaft place and i had a miss communication, when i got there he said he said $180, i said i could have sworn you said $80.... Nope, but he decided to cut me a discount for the miss communication, knocked $20 off the price for me.

Exhaust manifolds still on back order, i did order some Eastwood 1200 degree paint

Saturday i decided to put some miles on it and drove to an auto body shops open house/car show in a neighboring town, my wife works with a guy who is good friends with the shop owners, of course the rat didn't compare to the cars and trucks their and i didn't take any pics, but i wanted to see about them doing some work, the friend showing us around said these guys are way out of the league of most of us, looking at 100,000. min to build most anything, yea that's out of my league LOL!

I did end up parking next to another 72 K20 so i snapped a pic, this truck looked to be a survivor, paint a little ruff but way shiner than mine!

I'll admit with summer here i have lost a little steam, plus not being a body guy i am getting a little bit of some cold feet. I know i am gonna have to start soon before rainy season starts, probably have to shoe both bikes to one side of the garage again and setup a small body area on the garage too.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote