View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #292
eric28miller

Re: 89 crew cab k20 4wd twin turbo cummins swap

AFC is deleted, I just have an adjustable fuel plate that I can control from inside the cab. I'm running the Marine pistons and 7x14 sac injectors. Is it possible it's getting too much fuel? Because when both turbos are fully lit there's still a lot of black smoke.. Maybe propane injection would help clean it up..
I did get the tach working! Turns out i'm an idiot and had the sensor on the alternator sideways.. Turned it and now it works great and as I suspected I was never reving it much past 3K rpms.
So I pulled the camper up to the Volga city truck cruise this weekend, got there and the front output seal on the transfer case was pukin oil! Luckily the seal just popped out and we were able to push it back in with a screw driver then wrap it with a rope to hold it in. Then used a smart water bottle and motor oil to top it back off and were able to do the cruise! Got very lucky, I thought we were gonna have to drive back home and get 2 trucks and a trailer to get the rig back.. Got a little worried when egt's hit 1500 a couple times climbing long steep grades. May have to invest in a water methanol kit to cool things down. Also had the problem with the new breather coming out of the front timing gear cover puking oil out while driving.. I'm wondering if my engine builder didn't set the aftermarket dipstick right and there was too much oil in the motor.. When I changed the oil it took just under 2 1/2 gallons to fill it to the full mark. On the good side of things she pulled the camper like there was nothing behind me! For braking I installed an inertia sensing brake controller which worked awesome.
eric28miller is offline   Reply With Quote