View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
JohnKimble

Re: 1980 GMC Sierra Classic; 4x4, SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteyChev View Post
Thanks. The true mileage is unknown.

Well... I have spent some time going through this & whats needed to bring it back to a top notch restoration. I am beginning to think i may be in over my head. It needs a lot of metal replaced or fixed underneath, and might be more than i am able to get into.

I am so disappointed. I've become emotionally attached! & i believe with its good, low production options that this is a great project. It's all original, everything is there, numbers match, etc.
After the original owner passed, apparently it sat in the yard for a couple years, & though its been a daily driver for years now, it needs & deserves more $$ than i want to part with.
It really deserves the TLC required to make it good & has a great back story of the local original purchaser.
I am going to have to make a decision on what to do next.
I'm sorry to hear that...it really is a beautiful truck. What metal needs replacing? Inner body? Frame? Suspension? I think most folks on here would agree with me that the majority of these trucks turned out to require more effort and money than originally expected.
JohnKimble is offline   Reply With Quote