Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #508
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I’ve been so busy with my own stuff in the last few months I haven’t got out much to see what everyone else is doing. Went back and checked out the last few pages on your build and it’s really coming along nicely. Other than for its first paint job years ago, mine has always been in daily service making it difficult to achieve the level of detail your truck is showing. I sure like all the choices you’ve made as for parts and paint selection. I may have missed it, but have you decided on colors yet for the inside and exterior? Good to see the cab back on the frame, that’s always a great milestone. Looking forward to the next level of progress!
Hey Mark, thanks for looking in and I appreciate the comments. What I like about your truck the most is the fact that you have been able to do modifications as you go and still have an awesome truck to cruise in. I'm trying to use quality parts in the drivetrain with a minimal amount of bling. Just enough to set things off. The colors in the engine bay will carry over to the interior somewhat. The aluminum color I used on the serpentine setup, transmission, and a few other things will be used for the interior with a low gloss black dash, black seats, and black carpet that mimics the size of the stock floor mat. There will be some brushed aluminum, a taste or red, and a dash of chrome to finish things off and maybe a surprise or two.
The exterior will eventually be a very pale, eggshell, baby blue with white like a two-tone but with the roof also in the blue. I may have to put it together for awhile and drive it before I can think about paint. I'll just have to see what happens down the road. It's been great getting to start assembly of some things. Makes it feel like a real truck again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Ill take the seat tracks and intake/exhaust manifold.
Sent you a pm with my phone number so we can figure out a time to hook up.

And your truck is looking Killer!!!!
Thanks, Greg.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote