Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #522
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

I could have probably fabricated a whole new mount for the column and emergency brake in the time it has taken me to adapt the old one to make it work, but I think I've finally have something that I can live with. I am still utilizing the original mount and the Camaro mount that came with the column but they are both highly modified at this point and there's still more to do. I think it's going to work out great though and still retain a clean look. I have the column and mounts all buttoned up under the dash now in the position it needs to be and the steering wheel will be much closer to the dash leaving a lot more room for my large size. I ran out of time last weekend to do anymore but this weekend I will attach the 2 mount with a few spot welds to hold it in the position it's in now and then I'll remove the assembly for final fabrication and joining of the assembly. I'll get more pics up in a couple of days to show where this is going. I think I've had the column and mounts off and on the truck a dozen or more times cutting and fitting, measuring and cutting, etc., etc, etc.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote