View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #154
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo0076 View Post
Larry I was wondering how well you liked those Fierce tires? Got to like them somewhat because they are going to be on both rigs haha
You know, I love those tires. The Fierce Attitudes are definitely my tire of choice right now. For load range E they ride great, have great road manners (much better than I would have ever expected) and do very well off-road. The set that is on the Burb now rolled on the K10 back and forth to California all over the back country in Mojave Desert, Death Valley, went on a different trip to the back country of Utah and two trips to Flagstaff. I figure these tires are getting close to 9,000 miles on them with a good 1/3 of that being on dirt roads/trails and they barely show any wear. In fact, it wasn’t until I bolted them on the Burb did they start to show wear. I noticed some outer wear and feathering last week so I ran it over to have the toe adjusted and did a quick rotate.

For a comparison, I bought a set of load range E 285 Goodyear Duratracs for my Silverado HD this past August because GY had an $80 instant rebate which put them less than the Fierce. The Duratracs are awesome looking tires but they seem to float and wander all over the road. The ride is horrible as well. An unladden IFS HD truck rides pretty sucktastic as it is then with these Duratracs every crack in the road is like an explosion of discomfort where even pocket change in the ashtray flies around like a bomb went off. I dropped the pressure down to 38 psi and they still ride like solid rubber tires. At 38 the tires actually looks like they're too low on air. I haven’t had these tires on anything exciting yet so too soon to tell how they will do in the snow and stuff. Probably wouldn't buy those again.

Once I get this 8.1L project for the Burb out of the way that is eating all of my lunch money I still need to get another set of Fierce Attitudes to pay the K10 back before the Desert Trip 2015. Got another set of the same wheels, now I just need the tires. Speaking of the wheels I found something interesting with these wheels I'll have to post up when I get some time.

Anyway, yes....I highly recommend the Fierce tires! The barb wire on the sidewalls looks pretty childish but other than that they are great tires!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote