View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #363
K20chevy

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Had a chance to sneak by an all-truck salvage yard about 40 minutes from my house this morning. Man, I think I just found my new favorite salvage yard! I have never seen more trucks for ripe pickin’s in one location in my life! I was like a kid in a candy store. Hard to believe this place is only 40 minutes from where I grew up and I never heard of it before. Actually, the yard is in my wife’s home town of Canon City but of course, she had no idea it existed.

Anyway, I scored a hydraulic clutch/brake pedal assembly from a 1989 chassis cab as well as the rod and other doodads that go between the brake hydrobooster and master cylinder that I needed. Then on my way out I found the NV4500 shifter stick that I really wanted…… A 1992-1994 shifter, as the knob matches the 73-87 tcase knob! Pretty happy about that. Got a bunch of other little things too.

Hydraulic pedal assembly on the left.

Check out this yard (terrible Blackberry pictures)...... this dude has more Squares than Home Depot! I haven’t seen this many square trucks in one spot since I was a kid in the 70’s/80’s drooling at the local GM dealer. He claims to have over 250 squares and 150 88 to ’09 trucks. I love this place!

Chassis cab that I pirated the pedals from….

Got a lot of work to do this weekend now that I have parts!
Hey Larry, where is this place? clos to you somewhere? If he has that many squares, do you recall if he has any good body trim that goes around the two tone and in the back of the cab below the rear window??? (73-80)

Thanks!

68 Chevy K20 Panel truck, build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...41#post7263441
K20chevy is offline   Reply With Quote