View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #367
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy3+3 View Post
Congrats on the magazine article Larry. I have read through your projects extensively. I am curious why i can't use my factory 205 shifter when doing the swap if i use the AA spacer?
You must have missed the part about the t-case shifter then . The main reason you will have a challenge trying to keep your original 205 shifter is because there is no pivot on the adapter between the NV4500 and 205 for the shift lever to bolt to like there is on the SM465/205. That fact won't change regardless if you use the AA 1" spacer or not. See picture below.

One option is to purchase the Advance Adapters 205 shifter bracket that bolts to the NV4500 lid bolts but that bracket is horribly flimsy. In fact, I threw mine in the iron pile because I had my doubts it would hold up for what I do with this truck. That left me with the next option of moving to an ORD twin stick. I was not thrilled about doing a twin stick but in the end I am glad I did. The third option would be to fabricate your own bracket as a homemade bracket can’t be any worse than the AA 205 shifter bracket. The last option would be to do a high dollar cable shifter like the rock crawlers often use. Hope that helps.

SM465 on Left – NV4500 on Right
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote