View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #369
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drove out out in Colorado Springs in August 2013 to visit a friend, and because of your post we went out to Canyon Truck to check it out. I ended up finding a set of power mirrors and some fender emblems for the C10. Sadly I could not bring back much more than that because of limited space in the car. That was an awesome place.

Wait a minute Eric. So let me get this right………….you drove clear across the country to visit a junkyard 30 minutes from my house and didn’t even stop to say hello? Ah well, that’s alright….. last August our baby was barely a month old and I probably would not have had much time to meet up anyway.

BUT, ya! It sucked, one of the brothers died summer of 2013, probably about the same time you were there. The other brother sent out notices to their customers around September/October where December 31, 2013 would be their last day of business. I caught wind of that through Zoomad75 who is the Service Manager at the Chevy Store in Canon City. Zoomad and another member, Ian, ran up there shortly before they closed shop and went crazy grabbing whatever we could. It is a total classic truck tragedy! Not only is it a tragedy to hear of anybody passing of cancer, it is a tragedy to see all of those trucks get scrapped. As you saw for your own eyes, they were pretty well loaded with trucks…GM trucks, Ford Trucks, Dodge Trucks, old trucks, new trucks, trucks trucks trucks….no more Canyon truck so now we are all ?ucked. Rumors come and go where someone else may fire the place back up but I have my doubts as I went by there last weekend and it looks like it is getting emptied out. It looked like portable crushing equipment up by the building. Sad
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote