Thread: Project: Shiro
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #487
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Re: Project: Shiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
The welds on the cab mount bolts is common. They were there to make sure the bolts didn't push up and out when they set the cab on the frame at the factory. The rear bolts go up from the bottom so obviously they weren't welded. On the Blazers all 10 bolts were welded from the factory... lots of cutting to change body mounts.

Those floors aren't that bad. It looks like it was scaley rust that was de-scaled and painted. I would trust those floors over replacement sheetmetal, but I have recently come to the conclusion that re-pop parts SUCK. So, I might be biased.
Thanks for the info on the mount bolts Steve, I just thought it was odd because it makes it tough to change the body bushing if they fail. As far as the floors go the pits are very deep. I imagine that if you hit them with a blaster you would have Swiss cheese. I am building this truck for longevity so I am going to give them a very close look once I get the rest of the interior out and move on from there.

Didn't get any work done on the actual truck this weekend but I did get the cab and bed dollies made.

Name:  IMG_3224.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3225.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3226.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  46.1 KB

Now I just need to gather the man power to put the cab and bed on them!

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green